Woodlands weekly room private charge 2018 is currently set at €900-€945 per week . Fair deal rates are set by the NTPF and can fluctuate.
Prospective residents may apply to the HSE for part funding under the Nursing Homes Support Scheme (Fair Deal) which provides financial support for people who need long-term nursing home care (see Application Form and Information Booklet under Links section). Under the Fair Deal Scheme, qualifying residents will make a contribution towards the cost of your care and the State will pay the balance. This applies whether the nursing home is public, private or voluntary – it’s the resident’s choice. Ideally, an application should be made well in advance of admission to the home and details on entitlements should be discussed directly with the HSE.
The balance of the cost of the room will be invoiced to the resident each month in arrears and various payment options will be accepted including a direct debit facility.
Woodland’s weekly fee above includes the following services and facilities:
- Bed & Board
- Nursing and personal care appropriate to the level of care needs of the person
- Basic aids and appliances necessary to assist a person with the activities of daily living.
For the avoidance of doubt, the fee does not include:
- Private Physiotherapy
- Incontinence Wear (currently reimbursed separately by the HSE for most residents)
- Dry cleaning
- Ophthalmic and dental services
- Transport (including accompanying care assistant costs if necessary)
- Specialised wheelchairs
- Hairdressing and other similar services
- Non-GMS medicines & dressings
Not included under fair deal scheme but covered by the private rate.
Newspapers, Daily activities, Personal Laundry, Group Physiotherapy